For the Glory of Our Wonder-Working, Awe-Inpsiring, Jehovah-Jireh

Stepping out in faith, stepping out of my comfort zone, is teaching me more about the awesome power of our Almighty Savior than I ever imagined. Day by day, Jesus smiles down and reminds me that he is able to do more than I can conceive. While praying with others, I thought it would be encouraging to have a place where we can come and share these wonderful works with one another.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.(Ephesians 3:20-21)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hearing God Speak



I wonder how many times God has been speaking to me, and I wasn't listening. I sat with Him on the front porch again today, my favorite place to meet with HIM.

Today, I heard the birds singing, the mockingbirds, the cardinals, the sparrows. I heard the the song of the crickets and felt the breeze brush across my face. A hummingbird visited the miniature red roses at the bottom of the step, and then flew past my face. I marvelled at how big our God is.

I began to talk with Him about our mission to South Africa. I have been busy, busy with His work, but I was losing my vision. We have seen miracle afte miracle in His provision for our expenses. His works have far exceeded my imigination, but I was losing focus.

Today, I asked God for a work on my heart, for a renewed passion for our misison to South Africa, just a simple prayer. I closed my eyes and meditated on Him. I saw His face. The, He began to speak in that still, small voice.

I began to see the faces of the children we will minister to in South Africa, and in their faces, I saw His face. I began to sense just a small portion of the love He has for each of them. I felt my arms around them, ready to shower them with love and kisses. I saw the teenagers at the home of Aunty Lydia, and thought of the room they live in. The tears began to flow, and I began to thank Him, to truly praise Him for restoring my vision.

We serve a big God, and we settle for little visions. Get your Bible, go outside, sit in the rocking chair, close your eyes, ask Jesus to give you a vision.
Anticipate the inconceivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment